School of Allied Medical Sciences Bachelor of Science in NURSINGBachelor of Science in MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY School of Arts and Sciences Doctorate Programs Doctor in Philosophy in English with concentration in:LanguageLiterature Master's Programs Master of Arts in English with concentration in:LanguageLiteratureMaster of Arts in PhilosophyMaster of Arts in Political ScienceMaster of Arts in Psychology with specialization in:Industrial/Organizational…
The USJ-R Instructional Media Center (IMC) is a service unit which supports the academic community. It provides USJ-R faculty members and students with computer and video-based technology and services to enhance educational outcomes. It houses and circulates audio-visual materials and equipment used for instructional purposes.
FUNCTIONS OF THE IMC
- Conduct orientation/information programs for faculty, students and other members of the Josenian community on the use and operation of the different types of audio-visual materials and equipment available in the center.
- Continuously acquire, produce and provide instructional materials responsive to the needs of the academic community.
- Render services to student organizations, sponsoring educational film showing, symposia, seminars, and the like held within the campus.
- Provide enrichment activities such as workshops, in-service training, and other related activities to enhance the intellectual capabilities of the Josenian community.
- Establish linkages with local and international organizations for possible intellectual cooperation and development.
MONDAY- FRIDAY 07:00 AM – 09:00 PM
SATURDAY 07:00 AM – 05:30 PM
POLICIES/RULES AND REGULATIONS
The use of IMC resources is for instructional related activities of the faculty members, students, administration, and other authorized users.
Use of AV materials, equipment, audiovisual and previewing rooms is through reservation.
A. Audio Visual Room (AVR)
- The Reservation Form for the use of the AVR should be duly filled out and filed personally at least two (2) weeks before the scheduled activity.
- The reservation request should be followed up at least one (1) working day after its submission.
- Outside institutions/organizations wanting to use the AVR must secure permission from the Office of the President and shall be charged an hourly rate of One Thousand Pesos (Php 1,000.00).
- The use of AVR on Sundays and holidays is strictly encouraged.
- Faculty meetings, classes, proposal hearings/thesis presentations, election of officers, and fund raising activities are not allowed.
- All users must observe cleanliness and orderliness. Hence, stage decorations must be removed and properly disposed of at the end of the activity.
- Eating and drinking inside the AVR are strictly prohibited.
- All users are held responsible for their personal belongings while inside the AVR.
- Non-compliance of any of the aforementioned guidelines may result in the revocation or cancellation of the right to use the facility.
- The Reservation Form for the use of AV materials / equipment is made at least two (2) days before the actual use. Follow –up is made a day after submission/filing.
- Reservation form should be completely filled out duly noted by the Instructor/ Department Head/Dean.
- No equipment shall be allowed for borrowing without reservation.
- In case of cancellation or rescheduling of the activity, the client should inform the center so that the reserved equipment and facilities will be made available to other users.
- AV materials owned by the faculty members/ students used for classroom presentations are to be submitted to the IMC for previewing a day before the actual use.
- Film showing in the absence of the faculty member/adviser is strictly discouraged.
- Valid School ID should be presented and given to the IMC staff/READS for safekeeping until the equipment/ material borrowed shall have been returned.
- Laptops are to be used for classroom instructions only and must be returned immediately after the class.
- All borrowed materials/pieces of equipment are to be returned on their due date/ time (within the day).
- Fundraising using AV resources and facilities is strictly discouraged.
- Use of the IMC resources/facilities on Sundays and holidays is strictly discouraged.
- All clients and their representatives are jointly and severally responsible for whatever damage(s) that may arise directly or indirectly in the use of the materials/ equipment.
- The Instructional Media Center reserves the right to cancel/revoke a permit granted to anybody in case of misrepresentation and/or violation of any of its rules and regulations.
IMC PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- Reference / Information
- Circulation Service
- Bibliographic Service
- Current Awareness
- Orientation / Instruction
- Production / Reproduction